Thursday 14 July 2011

Swedish Fish

These brightly coloured gummy candies are one of my absolute favourite treats!

I was very excited when I found out that IKEA sells bags of Swedish Fish and now after a trip to the Scandanavian flat-pack hub my sweet tooth is happily satisfied for a little while at least.   

Swedish Fish (and Sour Patch Kids as well, mmmm!) were the highlight of watching neighborhood baseball and softball games in my childhood memories of summer....forget the sporting event though, I was all about the treats.

We used to get them in little baggies from the snack stand at the local park. They were counted from a giant wholesale tub and individually bagged up with 25 in a portion.  It was perfectly kid sized.   

And if memory serves me right, they were the bargain price of only 25 cents a bag!  What can you get for 25 cents these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment