Monday 25 July 2011

Festival Food


Stoats porridge

Experiencing the Wickerman Festival this weekend was a fantastic way to break myself into the festival phenomenon. 
It was friendly, fun and full of fantastic food (all my favourite f’s in one place!).    
We had a hearty start to the morning: Porridge from Stoat’s Porridge Bar with flakes of toasted almonds, pear and cinnamon.
The Wickerman Festival is a music festival near Dumfries in scotland which has occured for the past ten years over a weekend in July. It takes place in the middle of rolling farm land with a view of amazing landscapes on all sides and moody clouds in the sky above.
Pimm's
I enjoyed my first official Pimm’s complete with a cute branded stirrer which of course I kept (my Dad would be proud!). 

Musical highlights from the weekend include: The Pigeon Detectives, Noisettes, and Feeder
Plus some great scottish bands (Miaoux Miaoux and We Write Letters in particular) played the Solus Emerging Artist Stage and I'll be keeping my eye out for them in future. 
There were also some awesome DJ sets in the dance tents (Utah Saints drew us in for the long haul even when bedtime called!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment