Sunday 26 June 2011

Sesame Salmon with Noodle Salad

(I've decided to repost this from my other blog since it's about food, but I've added the link to the recipe at the bottom of the post for reference)

Who doesn’t like being spoiled with a homemade meal after a long day?


Just put your feet up, relax, wait for the plate to be put in front of you and enjoy. Even if it is just a simple peanut butter & jelly sandwich I’d relish the fact that I didn’t have to make it myself, so it’s a huge bonus when it is a deliciously fancy meal that is very photogenic to boot!



That was exactly the case with this delicious dish of Sesame Salmon with Noodle Salad.


It used fresh salmon cooked gently by a drizzle of hot sesame oil and sprinkled with sesame seeds to add extra texture. The noodle salad was served cold with plenty of herby goodness from fresh mint leaves and coriander (aka: cilantro). There were plenty of hints of zing in the salad from the pink pickled ginger mixed throughout the rice noodles.


I’ll definitely be requesting that this dish be added to the chef’s ever-growing repertoire of specialities.


Recipe from BBC Food: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/salmonwithsesameoil_11597

No comments:

Post a Comment